Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Blocker


“To find happiness and what is most important in life,
we only need to see who is sitting closest to us.” -for DLP & CEP

You were close today
You are always close
But today I almost felt you

Sort all the details with the universe:
A pizza and few beers should do the trick
Help me to get back in check
Been so busy these days…

And the drive over to the pizza parlor
We sat and said little to each other
Long drives and long weekends do that
Trivial mental complaints mostly

And why we weren’t connected
Is the same reason we forget:
Sun is shining and melts icicles away
Tomorrow may bring snow

Third in line, we cross the menu
With eyes that have memorized
A ritual I guess, not to decide what to have
But to check to see if there are changes

I didn’t know you were next in line
The younger couple who cut in front of you
Blocked you from my view
And now, they probably wish they hadn’t

But they didn’t know
And we all thought little of you
Even at that moment
When the younger couple passed me by

And you were coming straight at me
But that young man blocked my view
He tripped over you and fell
And he will never stand again

To remember is never enough
And to forget is never possible
You are and will always be
You are not and never have been

But, You were close today
You are always close
But today I almost felt you…

No comments: